Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wolverine Created Sept 2008

Photobucket

Wolverine with Steel Claws and Interchangeable Hands

I had this idea floating in my head for a while and then I saw a custom Wolverine with removable claws by customizer, Jin Saotome which prompted me to snatch up the next Wolverine figure I saw and perform my own experiment on the man once known as Weapon X!

WIP Pics >

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
I popped out the very unactionlike hands Wolvie came equipped with and filled the peg holes in his forearms with Fixit Sculpt. After it cured I glued tiny neodymium magnets into the forearms and also into 2 pair of DCUC fists. Then I drilled holes between the knuckles of 1 pair of the fists and glued in the needles for his extended claws. Actually I tore up 2 right hands and got it correct on the 3rd. Sanded the hands lightly, painted them with Citadel Chaos Black giving them a coat of Micro Flat Sealer between coats of black.

Then I fixed his "X" emblem on his belt - it was rubbed pretty bad and looked rough. I sanded the design off and painted the area black. I did up the design in Photoshop and had a local print shop print it so it would be nice and sharp and then I decopauged it on.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And that's the story. Nice semi-easy mod job.

Thanx for looking and let me know what y'all think!


No comments:

Post a Comment