Thursday, February 26, 2009

Moon Knight Created December 2008

Photobucket

Moon Knight is an old fave of mine, probably because he comes across as the "Batman" of Marvel, but even crazier. I've been digging on the current MK series, even more since it started dragging itself away from the morbid self loathing it was loaded with in the beginning. I was shooting to make my custom Moon Knight as close as I could to David Finch's depiction of Moon Knight. big, tough, mean and crazy as a snake.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recipe:
DCUC 1 Batman from the neck down
ML Moon Knight Head and Hood
Cape was cut from clear vinyl
Apoxie Sculpt for the transition between hood and cape, moon symbol, gloves, boots and belt
Belt Buckle is the head of a nylon screw
Crescents on Belt were cut from clear vinyl and glued onto belt
Airbrushed a couple basecoats of gray and then drybrushed with white, cape was airbrushed gray and then white on the back side and black on the inside

Gotta give props to Grown Nerd on Fwoosh for a tip he gave me for the first cape design I tried even though I didn't use it. Props also to Variable Penguin for giving me the tips on how to cut out the cape and Iron Cow for giving me the idea to make the cape out of clear vinyl in the first place. Big props to Fast Freddie for hooking me up with an airbrush which has made painting capes and basecoating figures such an easier and smoother task.

Let me know what y'all think.

No comments:

Post a Comment