Friday, July 16, 2010

DCUC Robin - Freddie Williams II Style

Photobucket

Yep, another Tim Drake Robin. This one was made for Freddie Williams II. I met Freddie at SDCC (one of the nicest and most gracious creators I met there) last year and while he was doing a quick Batman sketch for me, I told him about the custom Robins I had made. Freddie gave me his email and asked if I would email him some pics. He was impressed and asked if I would make one for him. So we worked out a trade, I made him a Robin and he drew me a portrait of Batman (Bruce) and Robin (Tim).

Basically the same as my last custom Robin except I used the cape from the DCD Batman & Son Series Robin and I used the lower legs from a Movie Masters TDK Batman which I had to sand down and re-sculpt. Quite honestly sculpting the boots from scratch was easier.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanx for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Lol, yeah, seriously, sometimes sculpting crap is way easier (and cheaper!) than wasting precious fodder. Looks sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buzzy, I'd love it if you keep going with this blog - your work has been a great inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete